Sunday, April 23, 2006

Hanging with emerging church folks, potting plants and other such busy-ness.

This last week brought some new stuff to my plate. I went with Ben, Jess and Sarah to Kairos, a gathering of emergent church types in western MD. Brian McLaren was there, sharing some thoughts, hanging out and chatting with us and the other 50 or so people gathered. It was encouraging to have such a low key and personal time with Brian. He shared some interesting insights and spurred on conversations about spiritual formation, the attonement and other things. I did not say "answers" mind you...but... food for thought, encouragement to explore & lots to more think about. I met some inspiring people as well.

The retrurn to Amherst found me scurrying to catch up on counseling work and teaching stuff. I also stained another side of the house. Then this weekend I divided up some of the plants in my garden, potting up around 100 plants to move to the new house.

Still no offers on the Shutesbury house tho..trying not to panic...

Well..that's it for tonight.

No comments: