Monday, November 06, 2006

Then & Now

I suppose once a few more things are wrapped up here at Sweetside I will have many house related posts of Then & Now... but today I am thinking about Merci the kitty. Back in late July I brought her home with me from Chattanooga. She had been abandoned at the home of Baird's sister and family, was living under their deck and being incessantly dive bombed by a mocking bird. She was was pretty helpless but was NOT to be taken in per order of their landlady. So, my niece Hannah and I got her into a tiny little kennel and she flew home with me :-)

She was absolutely adorable even as a lost kitty: very cuddly with huge green eyes outlined in yellow. I was sure one of a few of my cat loving friends would want her but for a variety of reasons none could take her, so she is (of course) now a part of our family. Back then I posted a picture of her on her first day here. Thought I would post a few now, 3 months later. She and the other cats (as well as out beagle) all get along well. As you can see, she has about doubled in size. She was pretty well starving when she arrived here. Though used to scavenging, she adjusted very well to "Dave's All natural cat food, it's simply the best." Yes, she eats well. She actually looks like she is the offspring of Arthur and Surely (our Maine Coons). She has the big, big Maine Coon ears with the long hairs sticking out of them, long whiskers, outlined eyes and the people oriented chatty personality. She looks a lot like Surely, as you'll see in the pictures, but has a bit more of Arthur's gray, than Surely's red and Art's green eyes (Surely's are golden).
Here are a variety of shots of them:

Merci and Surely. Isn't it amazing how much they look alike?















Arthur's cute face :-)















Baby Merci, July 2006















and now, Merci stretched across the same chair, November 2006

No comments: