Saturday, May 13, 2006

Week 2 at Lessey



I have not taken new house pics in a few days b/c it has been so rainy and crappy...but I will catch up soon.

Here's some pics of today's ending adventure: after 9 hours of painting I went to my car and found I had a flat tire. BUT, thx to AAA and a nice tow truck driver named Matt, it was changed, repaired and re-installed in about and hour, while Baird and I ate at the Thai restaurant up the street from our house.

This week several of the rooms got some painting at least started. The 2 new closets are all framed and partly sheetrocked. The larger bathroom now has a plywood floor (one day to be tiled), the breezeway has 2 sets of french doors (one is operational so far) and the kitchen rehab has begun. Ben and Brett and Glen spent a lot of time working there this week, along with me of course. Baird spent quite a bit of time trouble shooting some wiring issues. Aaron was able to come today to mud sheetrock and my friend Polly came today and washed tons of woodwork for me so I can now paint it.

More pics to come soon!

2 comments:

greenezo said...

oh man that sucks! i was looking at the driveway today and thinking to myself that there are a lot nails near the garage...gotta get that big magnet from glen!

Carol Soules said...

yeah....it had a puncture so I must have hit a nail. Aaron picked up some nails in the driveway after we found the flat. Bummer. Glad it didn't crap out on the way up the Shute-ho!