Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day



Mother's Day was a beautiful Spring Day here in Amherst and we had a wonderful time with the combined families - ours and that of son-in-law, Ben, here at Sweetside. It was our first time using the picnic table this season. The kids did a great cookout with Ben BBQ'ing trout that he caught this AM, as well as wild salmon, while Jess made potato salad and fresh Hadley aspargus. Desert was mini chocolate cakes (also by Jess) with strawberries and whipped cram. Yum, yum! Pictured here are Jess and Ben with our family and his. Just in case you don't know which is which - Ben's is the family of girls.

Yesterday I went to the Berkshires to see my mom, for an early Mothers' Day, and we went over to Pontoosic Lake and had lobster rolls at O'Reilly's. That was really yummy too! We also looked at all the old family photos I have scanned into my iBook. It was fun showing her what this little machine can do!

1 comment:

Chris TerryNelson said...

Happy Mother's Day Carol! Glad you had a good time! I wanna go fishing with Ben and get some trout, 'cause I just finished my last paper of the year.