Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bethlehem Star - Advent is Here


Somehow it always springs upon me and catches me a bit off guard, the Advent season that is. I am usually recovering from Thanksgiving and beginning to think about Christmas and impending Winter when I realize that a few days of Advent have already passed me by. It also seems that each year I think, too late, that I wish I had done more to really enter into the season, to embrace the mystery of it, to experience the fullness and the peacefulness of it, in the midst of all the other, not so peaceful, aspects of the season. So, when friend of mine jotted down an Advent related URL for me, as we passed in Collective Copies, I decided to follow up on it. I have checked it out and hope to utilize the daily readings that have been so thoughtfully and creatively put together. I know others of you will enjoy it too. So, as you surf the web each day, I encourage you to take a few minutes each day to surf on over to the Bethlehem Star, click on the week, and as you read, may you enter into the experience of first century Bethlehem, hearing the very real challenges presented that first Advent and which remain very real to us still.

No comments: