Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Giving Thanks

It is the day after Christmas. I am reminded again this morning about giving thanks. Oh yeah, giving thanks isn't just for Thanksgiving and before meals. A friend posted this G.K. Chesterton quote in her blog 2 weeks ago, but I happened to read it this AM. It hit me as timely as I realized once again, after yesterday, that there is juts so much to give thanks for.

You say grace before meals.
All right.
But I say grace before the play and the opera,
And grace before the concert and the pantomime,
And grace before I open a book,
And grace before sketching, painting,
Swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing;
And grace before I dip the pen in the ink.

G.K. Chesterton as cited in Frederick Buechner's Speak What We Feel (Not What We Ought To Say),

No comments: