Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nowhere to File This

I am spending some time this AM reading blogs and such. Joined the Ooze Community and was reading their blog. First entry there was this little piece below. Seems like a hoax but it is not. I investigated further. It is for real. I have nowhere to file info like this in my brain...so I will blog it.

Sunday, October 30
Some tragic news.
University Baptist Church, Waco pastor Kyle Lake died this morning as a result of injuries suffered in an electrocution during a baptism at his church in Waco, Texas .This is very tragic news for his wife Jen and his daughter and twin sons.
Please do whatever you can to pray and find ways to be supportive of Kyle's family. Kyle had written Understanding God's Will and the just released (Re)understanding Prayer: A Fresh Approach to Conversation With God.

I re-read this several times. Unimaginable! He was 33 years old. He was a leader in the emergent church movement. He was simply adjusting a mike while in the baptismal. Thankfully, the young woman he was about to baptise was not yet in the baptismal, but still.... what a horrendous memory!

No comments: