Friday, November 04, 2005

Wisdom the the Day

Lesson for today: don't pay Verizon Wireless thru their web based, WebPay. They can't find my payment from 6 weeks ago. It took 4 phone calls today and I still have to submit a fax of my bank statement for "review." The payment verification number I had was for some reason "not needed." This was after they shut my phone off and charged me $15, plus full payment of what THEY said was due, to turn it back on. My persistance today at least got the $15 credited to my account. Now to find the payment they lost.....and get that credited.

1 comment:

greenezo said...

verizon can be really shisty...as if they don't have enough of all our money...ha, i just calculated it out: my cell phone bill (not to mention the actual cell phone) for the last 3 years has run me about 2500 bucks. thats ABSURD!