Sunday, September 24, 2006

Clinton Lashes Wallace on Fox

Saw this hot little item on CNN this evening:

Clinton, was being interviewed by Fox News, supposedly about Clinton's initiative on climate change, when he became quite aggravated over being asked by Chris Wallace why he did not do more to get Osama...

Clinton became pretty testy... in part he said:

"I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him," Clinton said, referring to Afghanistan.

"So you did Fox's bidding on this show. You did your nice little conservative hit job on me," he said to Wallace, occasionally tapping on Wallace's notes for emphasis. "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked this question of?

"And you've got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever. But I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it," Clinton said.

More on CNN:
Clinton on Bin Laden

2 comments:

Chris TerryNelson said...

Watch Keith Olberman's response here:

http://www.truthout.org/multimedia.htm

Carol Soules said...

I have never been a big Clinton fan. He is brilliant but I always felt his personal issues got in the way of him being a great president. That and his wife. Of her I am definitely not a fan. I am praying she doesn't run for the presidency. But...Sunday, Clinton's brilliance was shining, I think he spoke it real, even if he did lose his cool just a tad....

and....yeah... liberal, conservative (whatever...see Shniztle's blog)...regardless of labels, I really do get Olberman's comments... I can relate, on multiple levels. The stuff about re-writing history, blaming one's failures on one's predecessors, sandbagging by proxy, creating a revolution for the purpose of establishing a dictatorship, and power for the sake of power....hmm..yes.... I hear him. I get it.