Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Surreal Day

Thus far is has been a rather surreal day. This morning a friend stopped in who is going thru a hard time. All very fresh and raw and seemingly un-real. I am fixer... I long to mend. It is pretty impossible to do any mending tho if people don't or can't provide the torn pieces. In this sitation it is hard to know how best to be helpful. Listening and reality checking was today's attempt. I hope it helped in the moment. I am sure much more is to come.

I absentmindedly ran errands and returned home to 2 scenes- a red tailed hawk in the grass across from our house and a transient cross dresser picking fowers in my garden... literally up in my garden too... not out near the sidewalk. Reluctant to tell him he was on private property, I waited and caught a quick snapshot as he walked away. I got the hawk pretty close up too..... before he decided I was too close and flew to a lamp post across the street.


1 comment:

Carol Soules said...

yeah...quite the welcoming committee. I guess the news of our arrival finally got around!! HA!