Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hot and Hotter Still

Today was hot and hotter still...it got hotter and hotter as the day wore on. I realized at dinner that I was sweating from the exertion of chewing!

No big news here...just the following:

1. We really really enjoyed the peacefulness of Shutesbury while in the yard this AM and this eve because the dog across the street was not barking and barking and barking. This is because next week the neighbors are moving and the dog has gone elsewhere to live. I think this may be the first summer in 7 or 8 years we have had real true quiet out there!

2. The turtle was still in the pond this AM. I didn't see it later on in the day but it may have been chillin' out on the bottom since it was so hot..or..maybe it found it's way out. We'll see.

3. Baird cleand out his van today, in preparation for cleaning out our cellar, in order to clear our stuff out of the William's cellar this week. Multi-step process.

No new photos today either.....it was a pretty low key day. :-)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Coolness. I never liked that dog, but then again there are few dogs I do like. But he was especially annoying. And, think, no terrible music either. I feel bad for her tho...where is she going? Do you know? I wonder if they will sell the house now. Do you still want to buy it? I'm guessing not.

greenezo said...

i kinda hated that dog too...props to baird for cleaning out his van

Carol Soules said...

The dog was actually a pretty nice dog but sorely negelcted...tied out most of the time.... often w/o water.... hope it has a better home somewhere.

As for the house across the street..doubt we will or can do anything about it..... tho I still have inclinations to buy adjacent property whenever possible....but...doubt it will happen.

Had this crazy idea, while gardening, that it could be rented out by the week as a writer's cabin to rich authors from NYC and such...but...I tend to have creative fantasies while gardening..keeps my mind occupied.

As for van (and cellar) both have a ways to go.....but....a start has been made.