Sunday, June 19, 2005

Musing #1

OK..so.... here we go... Carol starts a blog.
Wow...... I feel 10 years younger already.

So..what to say first?

This weekend, last year, was very busy and wonderful b/c it was Jess and Ben's wedding.
This year..by comparison...things seems so.... um....dull..... I guess.

Jess and Ben are out in WI. Aaron has moved to Amherst.
The house is quiet. Life is fairly quiet or at least not very upbeat.

Today I spent most of the day driving to and from the Berkshires, visting my Mom and Connie. Connie, at 92, is still in the hospital. This raises all kinds of questions and issues regarding where my mother should live and if in Amherst, how and where and when. It is one of those times when you just want to fast forward to when it is all settled.

Somehow the widely varied weather of recent days: sunny and blue one moment and dark black/tinged with pink and pouring rain, seems reflective of my life at present.

I am looking foward to tomorrow. Aaron and I will celebrate Father's Day with Baird. Then at 4PM Baird and I will go to the LAOS annual meeting. I have been asked to serve on the board...about which I am pretty psyched. Something new. That sounds good to me.

No comments: