Saturday, June 25, 2005

Something NEW in Shute-Ho

Today I came home in the afternoon and began watering my gardens. It has not been THAT hot here yet, but hot enough and sunny, so things were beginning to wilt. Anyway, as I was watering out in the front garden I noticed this peculiar looking frog floating around in the pond. I went closer and noticed this particular frog had yellow stripes on its neck and a big oval shaped shell on him, just below the water's surface. HA! Yup, for real, there is (was?) a turtle in my pond! It quickly submerged when it saw me. I ran inside and got my camera and took many shots over the next 10 minutes. Each time it surfaced I got about 3 shots in before it detected me and went under again. The slightest move would frighten it. Later, I put a board from the water surface to the edge of the pond b/c I thought perhaps it could not get out. We'll see if it is still there tomorrow.

I have to run b/c we are taking a brief break from watching The Motorcycle Diaries and Baird is about to hit the PLAY button again.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is so cool. Years and no turtle until now. Very cool. :-)