Saturday, July 23, 2005

Photos from our Connecticut Trip


These photos are of the house where Nana grew up in Winsted,CT and which her parents owned from the early 1900's until her mother died, when I was a child (early 1960's). They raised their 10 kids here, through the Depression and all. Nana also lived here while my dad was in WWII, in the Philippines, with her mother and my brother (then a toddler), and Nana's sister and her baby. The house fell into disrepair in recent years but recently someone bought it and is renovating it.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, that is so cool. I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Carol Soules said...

Yeah, we don;'t usually go by it on our way to Linda's but this time we were coming from Nana's house so we went by. I think the last time I went by it was many years ago. It was interesting having he rin the car. She was pointing our old friend's houses from 75 years ago, telling stories, etc. We should have been running tape!