Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ya never know.........


So, ya never know what's going to happen next. Today we moved the stuff OUT of Jess and Ben's new rental house (we had moved a van full in already and were planning to move more IN today). So why OUT, you ask? Well, they had an arrangement with the home owner, an elderly lady, whose "needs" apparently have changed since May and she no longer wanted to "share" the living room, dining room and kitchen, as agreed on the lease, and.... things got real sketchy. So, when the opportunity came to "agree" to nullify the lease, Ben and Jess said : "Get us out of it and get our money back!" Which I did. Meanhwile, I had thought I was cleaning the place for Ben and Jess but it turns out instead I had voluteered about 30 hours to help an elderly lady clean her place for the next boarders. Oh well, I guess if someone in her situation had asked me if I could possibly help them clean up after messy former tennants in prep for new ones, I probably would have said, yes, ... even if it wasn't my kids moving in.

I AM going tomorrow AM, though, and taking my plants back (that is kind of a pain but she is not a gardener and would let them die so....)

Everyone seems relieved more than anything else, and thankful to not find this "issue" out after moving everything in and school had begun. But there are a few unanswered things now...like..where will they live in 2 weeks?? Hmmmmmmmmm........

Baird and I looked at another place for Ben and Jess today....a townhouse condo, lots of room, nice location... so we'll see if they "get accepted." Above, is the view from the patio of the POSSIBLE new place....

Man 'o man...the rental market is really competitive here, especially right now with school beginning in a month!! I called 18 places to find one we would even consider liveable and that was still available.

So, here's hoping and praying this one works out somehow!! I'll let ya know.

No comments: